This partnership builds and maintains a live, active and mutually beneficial relationship between your church and SOMA and so makes an effective resource for you, envisioning your church for Renewal & Mission both at home and overseas, as well as fulfilling SOMA’s call and ministry abroad and in the UK.
We provide for SOMA Parish Mission Partners:
- SOMA’s magazine SHARING, three times a year for each member of the congregation (for personally handing to the congregation, rather than being ‘left at the back’)
- Our three-times-a-year daily prayer diary
- An experienced SOMA speaker for a Sunday, approximately every 12 months
- Invitation, information and encouragement for leaders and members of the congregation as a group or individually to participate in SOMA mission teams abroad
- Invitation and encouragement for intercessors to become involved with SOMA
- An information leaflet that introduces SOMA
- Full servicing of the above through your designated contact person in the Parish, such as a member of the Missionary Committee, other church leader, etc., as well as the Incumbent & staff team.
“Every SOMA Team I’ve brought back has had a massive impact on the DNA of mission in my church.”
In return we ask SOMA Parish Mission Partners to agree to:
- Encourage prayer for SOMA in services, groups and by individuals
- Consistently communicate news about SOMA to the church
- Encourage individuals to get involved with SOMA by joining Teams, becoming SOMA Intercessors, hosting SOMA overseas visitors and Teams, attending SOMA activities, etc
- Seek to financially support SOMA
For further information or to discuss possibilities, please complete the Parish mission partners invite form or contact Stephen Dinsmore